Saturday, November 03, 2007

Plantar Fasciitis

Plagued with pain in each of my heels for five months, I finally decided to see a doctor a few weeks ago. I wanted answers, and a means to an end. What I got were annoyances.

I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis, a deformity that strains the ligament running between my heels and the front of my feet. It can be fixed with shots, orthotics and stretching exercises. The pain was excruciating for the first few days, but improving. On my first follow-up appointment, I was given to splints to wear when I'm sleeping and when I'm laying around that are designed to keep my feet at a right angle. It's annoying, and I don't even know what I'm supposed to do if say, I sleep somewhere else. But anyways, it's already been helping the healing process. I can't wait to start working out again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home