Friday, November 09, 2007

The Fall of Daylight Savings

The end of daylight savings time is always a big change. The sun is now right in my face when I take the single-block walk to the subway. People seem angry everywhere, like the darkness that seemingly comes around earlier and earlier is seeping into the people's hearts. That may be a very dramatic thing to say, but in the past week I've seen a man in a wheelchair screaming at an MTA worker in the NQRW/BDFV station, a woman screaming at a newspaper hawker on the stairs down to the same station and a few people I work with giving each other the business. I hope the sun comes out soon, because I don't know what to do with the hostility.

I'm again having my hangups about alcohol due to recent displays of complete jackassery, but instead of making the bold statement that I will quit drinking (again), I am just going to reserve the wild nights for when I'm out with my close friends, at least until I find people who are into more sobering activities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home